Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Daily Greens Juice Cleanse - Day 1

Just like I've fallen off the blog wagon, I have also fallen if the healthy living one! After a week of binge eating and drinking, celebrating my best friends wedding in Florida, I decided I needed to make a change. I have been wanting to do a cleanse for over a year and just never found the one that works for me. I CANNOT give up food! I was walking through HEB and found this Daily Greens juice in the all natural section. I did a little research and decided to give it a go! Day one was a little easier than I thought.

Breakfast: 
Daily Greens Purity
Tervis full of ice water
1/2 bottle of Lipton diet Green Tea Citrus

Around 9:00 I drank some water and my first Daily Greens juice. I started with the Purity blend. It has kale, parsley, broccoli, cucumber, celery, lemon, and basil. It had a very "green" taste. The cucumber and celery were very strong with a hint of parsley and lemon. It was a little hard to drink towards the end of the bottle when it wasn't as cold. I could drink it again, but it would not be my first choice. If you don't like "green" juices, this isn't for you. This drink held me over until 11:00. Then my "hangey" feelings started kicking in full blast!

Lunch:
Daily Greens Harmony
Salad (lettuce, tomatoes, onion, bell peppers, and greek dressing, which was not on the diet)
Tervis full of water

I felt much better after eating something. This Harmony blend of Daily Greens was so much better! It's a mix of kale, celery, fennel, lemon, apple, pear and ginger. You definitely get more of the fruit tastes in this juice. It was much easier for me to drink 

Snack:
1/2 bottle of Daily Greens Vitality
Carrots and bell peppers dipped in yogurt based dip
Water

I'm beginning to realize why the water is so important! I got really dehydrated this afternoon and really needed some water. This Daily Greens bottle, Vitality, is made of kale, jalapeƱos, pineapple, cucumber, cilantro, celery, lime and Himalayan sea salt. This juice blend had a spicy kick to it! You could definitely taste the jalapeƱos and cilantro but it surprisingly went pretty well! I only had half a bottle because I was always 

Dinner:
Salad (lettuce, tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, croutons (oops!), and light Olive Garden dressing)
Lettuce wrap (horseradish mustard, ham, onion, and tomatoes) 

I broke down and threw some croutons on my salad! I can't go all day without eating anything crunchy. 

Out of the three juices I had, I would recommend the Harmony blend, especially for someone who is new to juicing. At the end of day one... I feel fairly energized, ready to do it again, and really needing to pee! 

-- LC

No comments:

Post a Comment